Maryland Terrapins (8-7) vs. Delaware Blue Hens (6-9)
March 14, 2023
4:00 pm EDT
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – Maryland will face CAA opponent Delaware for their first road midweek matchup of 2023 in Newark, Delaware on Tuesday, March 14 at 4:00 p.m. Tuesday’s game will be available on FloBaseball with updates available via @TerpsBaseball on Twitter.
THIS WEEK’S STORYLINES
- Maryland will face CAA opponent Delaware for their first road midweek matchup of 2023 in Newark, Delaware on Tuesday, March 14 at 4:00 p.m. Tuesday’s game will be available on FloBaseball and the Maryland Baseball Network.
- This will be the 39th matchup between the two regional foes with Maryland holding a 23-14-1 series advantage. Maryland has won four straight matchups under Coach Rob Vaughn including an 8-3 victory in College Park on Feb. 28 earlier this season.
- The Blue Hens (6-9) come into the midweek after taking two-of-three against defending CAA champion Hofstra (4-10, 1-2)
- Delaware claimed the series victory with an explosive 19-9 victory led by infielder JJ Freeman who went 3-for-6 with a grand slam home run, double and five RBIs in the victory.
So Far This Season
- Maryland claimed its first series sweep of the 2023 campaign, taking all three games against Maine. The series was highlighted by a 25 run explosion on Friday night that included back-to-back home runs from Nick Lorusso and Matt Shaw in both the first and third inning.
- Maryland used 12 hits, including a three RBI triple from Matt Woods, to overwhelm the UMBC Retrievers in a 12-6 victory in College Park on Tuesday, March 7.
- The Terps traveled to the Cambria Collegiate Classic, played at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minn March 3-5. Maryland suffered losses to No. 4 Ole Miss, No. 7 Vanderbilt and Hawaii.
- Maryland claimed an 8-3 victory over Delaware in a midweek matchup. Ian Petrutz came away with his fifth home run in his first eight games while Elijah Lambros smashed a two-run blast for his third home run as a Terp.
- Maryland traveled to Oxford, Mississipi taking 1-of-3 against the No. 4 Ole Miss Rebels in a weekend series. Ian Petrutz and Jason Savacool led the Terps to a Friday night victory as Petrutz went 3-for-4 with his second grand slam of the season, two runs scored and four RBI. Savacool was…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Maryland Athletics…