Wednesday, March 15
vs. North Dakota State | 3 p.m. ET
at Mississippi State | 6 p.m. ET
Thursday, March 16
vs. North Dakota State | 5 p.m. ET
vs. Samford | 7:30 p.m. ET
Friday, March 17
vs. St. Thomas | 2 p.m. ET
at Ole Miss | 7 p.m. ET | SECN+
Saturday, March 18
at Ole Miss | 4:30 p.m. ET | SECN+
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The Purdue softball team (11-8) is poised for seven games over spring break in the state of Mississippi. First, the Boilermakers set their sights on Starkville, Mississippi, for a pair of Wednesday games on the campus of Mississippi State before heading down the road to Oxford for the Rebel Challenge, hosted by Ole Miss.
Fans will be able to catch Purdue’s games at Mississippi State and at Ole Miss on SECN+. Neutral site games will not be available to watch.
LOOKING AHEAD TO WEEK 6
- Purdue is slated for seven games over a four-day span. Three of Purdue’s opponents are ranked higher in the RPI than the Boilermakers: Ole Miss (38), Mississippi St (46) and North Dakota State (102).
- Upcoming opponents include one receiving votes in multiple polls: Mississippi State.
- This will be Purdue’s first-ever trip to Oxford, Mississippi. However, the Boilermakers own a 4-1 record vs. Ole Miss, all coming in neutral territory.
BREAKING DOWN THE PRODUCTION
- Although more than half of the team are made up of freshman and transfers, newcomers have accounted for 24 runs this season, just 30.76 of Purdue’s total runs scored. Meanwhile, returners account for 69.23% of all runs scored.
IN THE CIRCLE
- Leading the team in wins is fifth-year veteran Alex Echazarreta (4-6). The Boilermaker has made a team-high 13 appearances in the circle, and led the Boilermakers to three straight wins while at the Carolina Classic.
- Echazarreta has pitched a team-leading 37 strikeouts. She is four away from reaching 200, entering the weekend with 197 career strikeouts.
- Mo Wimpee has started more games than any other Boilermaker this season with seven starts.
- Wimpee and Echazarreta have each posted two shutouts and two complete games.
- Meanwhile, Echazarreta posted a one-hitter during the ACC/Big Ten Challenge with 11 strikeouts and 1 run vs. NC State (2/18).
- Meanwhile, Madi Elish owns a perfect 3-0 record, with 10 appearances and four starts.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Purdue Boilermakers…