SAN FRANCISCO (8-4, 0-0 WCC) at No. 20 WASHINGTON STATE (13-2, 2-1 Pac-12)
Bailey-Brayton Field | Pullman, Wash.
Wednesday, 2:05 p.m. | March 15, 2023
WATCH | wsucougars.com
COUGARS HOST SAN FRANCISCO FOR WEDNESDAY MATCHUP
No. 20-ranked Washington State opens a four-game homestand with a Wednesday matchup against San Francisco at Bailey-Brayton Field. First pitch is set for 2:05 p.m.
Wednesday’s game will have live stats and will be webstreamed. Links are listed on wsucougars.com.
WSU continues its homestand with a weekend series against Oregon beginning Friday at 4:05 p.m., continuing Saturday at 2:05 p.m. and wraps up Sunday at 1:05 p.m.
ABOUT WASHINGTON STATE
Washington State enters the week ranked No. 20 in the country by Collegiate Baseball with a 13-2 mark after taking two of three at No. 15 Oregon State last weekend. WSU’s 13-2 record is its best start since 2006. The Cougars enters the week second in the Pac-12 Conference in on-base percentage (.416), scoring (8.5) and stolen bases (19) while the pitching staff leads the league averaging 11.6 strikeouts/9 innings. WSU posted a 27-26 mark last season, their third-straight winning season after claiming four of their final five series along with road series wins over No. 9 Arizona and No. 10 Oregon and closed the season with the program’s first sweep over Arizona State. First baseman Sam Brown enters the week seventh in the league in hitting (.400), leadoff hitter Jonah Advincula is third in hits (24) and reliever Chase Grillo paces the Pac-12 in saves (5). Brian Green owns 75-58 record in his fourth season at WSU and a 233-180-1 career mark in his ninth season as a head coach.
COUGAR QUICK HITS
• WSU is ranked No. 20 by the latest Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Poll, its first national ranking since 2010
• WSU took 2 of 3 at No. 15 Oregon State last weekend for its first series win in Corvallis since 2009
• WSU beat Villanova twice and UC Riverside twice in Arizona opening weekend for its first 4-0 start since 2010
• WSU posted a program-best 3.21 team GPA in the 2022 fall semester, WSU has set records last 5 semesters
• WSU recorded its 3rd-straight winning season last year (2020-22) for the 1st time since 2008-10
• WSU pitching set a program record with 473 strikeouts last season, breaking the 2009 record of…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Washington State University Athletics…