GREENVILLE, S.C. – Duke Baseball (11-6) used five home runs and scored 15 runs to defeat Presbyterian (7-11), 15-2 on Wednesday at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C. Senior Chad Knight made his return to the lineup, finishing 3-for-4 with five RBI and two home runs.
The Blue Devils strung together 16 hits and scored double-digit runs for the sixth time this season. Five Duke starters recorded multi-hit games, while eight Blue Devils recorded a hit.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Jay Beshears scored on a passed ball to give Duke the lead, 1-0. Freshman Andrew Fischer deposited a single to right field to score Alex Stone to double the lead, 2-0 in the top of the first.
- Sophomore Alex Mooney crushed his first home run of the season, a two-run shot over the green monster in left to double the Duke lead, 4-0. Junior Alex Stone and Chad Knight also added home runs in the frame to add to the Blue Devils’ lead, 9-0, in the top of the second.
- In the bottom of the second inning, Presbyterian hit a solo home run to cut the Duke lead to 9-1.
- In the top of the third inning, Beshears grounded into a double play to score Devin Obee from third, 10-1. Fischer singled later in the inning to push the lead to 11-1.
- The Blue Devils added a pair in the top of the fifth when Damon Lux singled to right field and Knight flew out to right field to score Fischer, 13-1.
- Knight hit his second home run of the night; a two-run shot to left field to extend…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Duke University…