NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Sixth-ranked Vanderbilt hosts third-ranked Ole Miss for a three-game SEC series beginning Thursday at Hawkins Field.
SERIES PREVIEW: Vanderbilt opens conference play winners of seven of the last eight games.
- Vanderbilt opens SEC action Thursday as defending national champion Ole Miss visits Hawkins Field.
- Game 1 on Thursday will start at 6 p.m. and air on ESPNU. Friday’s game is also at 6 p.m. and will air on SEC Network+. Saturday’s finale will be at 11 a.m. on SEC Network.
- Vanderbilt has won four consecutive SEC openers. This marks the third straight season the Dores will open the conference slate at home.
- Vandy and Ole Miss have met 137 times with the Dores trailing in the all-time series 72-63-2. Vandy met Ole Miss in the SEC Tournament last season, winning that game 3-1.
Thursday: BLACK OUT at The Hawk
- The first 1,500 fans will receive a free black VandyBoys t-shirt.
Friday: Bobblehead Night!
Kyle Wright Bobblehead Giveaway
- The first 1,000 Vanderbilt fans will receive a limited-edition Kyle Wright bobblehead. Giveaway is limited to one per person. Must be present to pick up.
Friday Concession Happy Hour
- Every Friday from gate opening time until first pitch, we will offer happy hour specials on select food items and drinks.
Vandyville (Saturday only)
- Prior to every SEC Saturday home game, fans of all ages can kick off their game day experience with inflatables, tailgate games, arts and crafts and more! Vandyville will open at 9:30 a.m. in the McGugin lot and close at first pitch. Fans do not need a ticket to participate!
LAST TIME OUT: Vanderbilt beat Belmont 15-6 Tuesday at First Horizon Park, home of the Nashville Sounds.
- Vanderbilt is playing two All 4 Lou Showdown games at First Horizon Park this season with proceeds from both games benefiting the Live Like Lou Foundation. Vandy will play Lipscomb next Tuesday in the second matchup.
- Freshman RJ Austin totaled four hits on the night and junior Jack Bulger homered and drove in four runs.
- Enrique Bradfield Jr. worked four walks and stole three bases in the win.
A LEAGUE OF HIS OWN: Enrique Bradfield Jr. stole his 97th career base vs. UCLA (Feb. 26) to break the program record set by Charles DeFrance (1980-82).
- Bradfield leads all active players in NCAA baseball (I, II and III) with 105 career stolen bases.
- The junior outfielder’s 105 career stolen bases ranks sixth in SEC history. Tennessee’s Mike Basse (1989-91) holds the…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Baseball – Vanderbilt University Athletics – Official Athletics Website…