Ashanti McDade made her first collegiate appearance in the circle during Wednesday’s win over Fresno State.
Cal, Oregon State Set For Three-Game Series
BERKELEY – The California softball team returns to Pac-12 Conference play with a three-game weekend series against Oregon State at Kelly Field in Corvallis, Oregon.
First pitch between the Golden Bears and Beavers is set for 6 p.m. on Friday and 4 p.m. on Saturday. The series concludes at 11 a.m. on Sunday.
- Teams: Cal (19-6) vs. Oregon State (9-14)
- Location: Kelly Field: Corvallis, Oregon
- First pitch: Friday: 6 p.m. | Saturday: 4 p.m. | Sunday: 11 a.m.
HOW TO FOLLOW
SERIES AT A GLANCE
- Cal leads the all-time series 88-48.
- Oregon State swept the three-game series in Berkeley last season and has won seven of the last 10 matchups in the series. Cal’s last series win came in 2017 when the Bears won two of three at Levine-Fricke Field.
- Cal took down No. 2 UCLA on March 11 in an 8-0 run-rule victory in five innings for its first win over a top-5 team since the 2012 season, when the Bears swept No. 3 Washington in three games March 30-April 2 in Berkeley.
- The Bears lead the Pac-12 Conference and are 15th in the NCAA with 41 doubles.
- Cal averages 1.40 home runs per game, which ranks eighth in the country and second in the Pac-12. The Bears are also second in the conference with 35 home runs, trailing only ASU (38).
- Cal’s 80 extra base hits (35 HR, 41 2B, 4 3B) lead the Pac-12.
- The Bears check in at No. 20 in this week’s NCAA RPI ratings, its highest standing since the 2018 season.
- Kacey Zobac is tied for the Pac-12 lead with eight doubles (27th NCAA).
- Mika Lee leads the Bears with a .397 batting average and has a hit in 10 of her last 11 games.
- Tatum Anzaldo has been on a tear since returning to the lineup on March 3 against Miami (Ohio), going 11-for-29 (.379).
- Makena Smith is tied for third in the Pac-12 with eight home runs (15th NCAA).
- Lee (.393), D’Asha Saiki (.367), Zobac (.359), Smith (.338) and Sophie Medellin (.300) are all at or above .300 to lead the Bears offensively.
- Anzaldo (.370), a 2022 first-team all-conference selection, hasn’t had enough plate appearances to qualify for official…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at California Golden Bears Athletics…