- After starting the season with a 15-game homestand,
- During the Mark Wasikowski era, the Cougars are the lone Pac-12 Conference team that the Ducks have not won a series against.
- Oregon won the opener in both 2021 in Pullman and last year in Eugene before losing both games two and three of the two series.
- With returners Isaac Ayon and RJ Gordon sidelined to start the season, Oregon has turned to its No. 5 ranked recruiting class on the mound to carry the load.
- Ten freshmen have taken the hill through 15 games combining to toss 63.0 of the team’s 124.0 innings pitched (50.8 percent).
- Leo Uelmen (18.1) and Jackson Pace (16.1) lead the team in innings pitched.
Series History – Washington State
- Washington State leads the all-time series against Oregon 158-133-1, with Oregon holding a 21-148 lead in games played since baseball returned to Eugene in 2009.
- WSU holds a 33-20 all-time edge in games played in Pullman, with the Cougars and Ducks tied 9-9 since the 2009 season. The Ducks have won nine of the last 15 on the Palouse, while also winning six of the last nine series between the teams.
- The last time the teams met, the Cougar won the series 2-1 in Eugene in 2022.
- WSU also won the last series 2-1 in Pullman in 2022.
- In each of the last two series, Oregon has won the opener and WSU has rallied to win the next two.
Ducks still looking for first series win over WSU in Wasikowski era
- Heading into this weekend’s series at Washington State, the Cougars are the only Pac-12 Conference team that a Mark Wasikowski led team doesn’t have a series win against.
- In his two seasons at the helm of the Ducks program, Wasikowski is 39-24 in Pac-12 Conference games, but is 2-4 vs. the Cougars.
Rewriting the record book
- During head coach Mark Wasikowski‘s two full seasons at Oregon, the Ducks have rewritten the program’s record book on offense.
- Oregon’s record-breaking offensive season came to an end in 2022 with the Ducks setting records in eight major statistical categories.
- Oregon set school bests in batting average, hits, runs, home runs, RBI,…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Oregon Athletics…