TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The sixth-ranked Florida State softball team (21-6, 0-0) will begin ACC play this weekend against the Syracuse Orange (7-11, 0-3) at JoAnne Graf Field in Tallahassee, Fla. Friday’s game has been rescheduled from 6 p.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday’s game will begin at 1 p.m. with the series finale beginning at 2 p.m. on Sunday. ACC Network Extra will carry Friday’s and Saturday’s games with ACC Network broadcasting Sunday’s game.
Going Through the Gauntlet
- The Seminoles have one of the toughest schedules in the country this season. The Seminoles will play 20 games against teams ranked in the top 25, 19 of those games being away from Tallahassee. 19 out of the Seminoles’ 23 road or neutral site games are against teams in the top 25.
- At the Clearwater Invitational, the Seminoles played five ranked teams in four days and went 3-2 in those games. The Seminoles defeated No. 4 Arkansas, No. 15 Arizona and No. 22 Louisiana. The Seminoles fell to No. 2 UCLA and No. 12 Alabama.
- The Seminoles have already played the No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, No. 12, No. 13, No. 18 and No. 23 teams in this week’s ESPN.com/USA Softball rankings. The Seminoles still have matchups with No. 4 Clemson, No. 11 Florida, No. 15 Virginia Tech and No. 16 Duke.
- To start the season, the Seminoles played 18 games in 17 days and went 15-3 in those games.
Seminoles Dominance in the ACC
- The Seminoles have dominated the ACC over the past decade.
- The Seminoles have won an ACC Championship (Regular Season/Tournament) in eight out of the past nine seasons.
- Under Head Coach Lonni Alameda, the Seminoles are 148-34-1 against the Seminoles’ eight ACC opponents this season.
- The Seminoles have only lost five ACC series since 2012.
- The Noles are the only ACC team to win a National Title as the Seminoles brought home the title in 2018.
Legacy and Legends Weekend
- This weekend will mark the Seminoles’ Legacy and Legends weekend.
- Former Florida State softball alumni will be honored throughout the weekend at JoAnne Graf Field.
- FSU leads the all-time series 25-2.
- The Seminoles have won 23-straight games against Syracuse.
- Lonni Alameda is a perfect 23-0 against the Orange.
- The Noles have outscored the Orange 155-39 during its 23-game win streak.
- The Noles are 13-1 against the Orange in Tallahassee.
- This is the Orange’s first trip to Tallahassee since 2018.
- The Noles are a perfect 16-0 against the Orange since they joined the ACC.
- The Orange have…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Florida State Seminoles Official Athletic Site | Softball…