ATHENS – The University of South Carolina baseball team completed a doubleheader sweep of Georgia Saturday afternoon (March 18) with a 12-2, 7-inning win at Foley Field.
Ethan Petry was a perfect 4-for-4 with five RBI and two home runs in the game. Braylen Wimmer drove in three in a two-hit day, while Cole Messina, Petry, Jonathan French and Will Tippett each scored two runs in the win.
Noah Hall pitched a complete game, striking out five and allowing seven hits, two runs with no walks to improve to 4-0 on the season.
Carolina scored four runs in the third and broke it open in the fifth, scoring seven times, which included Petry’s second home run and two-run hits from Wimmer and Will McGillis.
- Carolina is 2-0 in SEC play for the first time since 2017.
- Petry is hitting .471 with nine home runs and 30 RBI after today’s pair of games.
- Hall now has 31 strikeouts compared to just seven walks in 31.1 innings pitched.
- The road team has now won the last four series between the Gamecocks and the Bulldogs.
- The 19-1 start is the best for the Gamecocks since the 2004 team also started 19-1.
Carolina and Georgia will conclude the three-game series Sunday afternoon (March 19) at 3 p.m. The game will be televised on SEC Network with Richard Cross and Lance Cormier on the call.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Baseball – University of South Carolina Athletics…