Score: UAlbany 6, Maryland 3
Location: Bob “Turtle” Smith Stadium in College Park, Maryland
Records: UAlbany (3-8-1) | Maryland (9-10)
Short Story: The University at Albany baseball team defeated the University of Maryland on Saturday afternoon to even the weekend series at 1-1. The Great Danes were led by strong pitching performances from Connor Eisenmann, who went six innings, and Dylan Banner, who closed out the final three.
Head Coach Jon Mueller: “The defense was steady and Eisenmann kept them off balance all day. Banner pitches with a ton of confidence when the ball is in his hand. Tauken came up with a big blast after the guys in front of him grinded out at-bats. The guys believed and made it happen.”
- UAlbany Pitchers:
- Dan Tauken hit his fourth home run of the year in the fifth inning, putting the Great Danes ahead for good. He finished going 2-4 at the plate with three RBIs.
- Will Binder hit his first long ball of the season, finishing the day 2-3 at the plate with a walk.
- Carson Dunkel finished with two RBIs.
- Owen Silliman and Victor Mazzara each recorded a hit.
- UAlbany finished with six hits, six walks, 12 strikeouts, and left five men on base.
How it Happened:
- Connor Eisenmann started on the mound for UAlbany, Nick Dean started for the Terps.
- The Great Danes took a 1-0 lead in the second thanks to a sac fly from Carson Dunkel, scoring Chris Fisher.
- Maryland took the lead in the third thanks to RBIs on a Shaw ground out and a Keister single, 2-0.
- The Great Danes tied it in the fifth when…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University at Albany Great Danes…