The Nebraska softball team returns to action this Sunday, March 19 for a shortened Rock Chalk Challenge in Lawrence, Kan. The Huskers will face Kansas City (5-19) and former Husker Kiki Stokes at 12 p.m. followed by a matchup with Kansas (15-11) at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Fans can listen to the game live on the Huskers Radio Network and Huskers.com with the call from Nate Rohr. Follow @HuskerSoftball on Twitter for live updates through the game.
The Huskers (18-8) are coming off a midweek doubleheader against Omaha, where the Big Red picked up two wins. Nebraska currently leads the Big Ten in numerous offensive categories including batting average (.325) and doubles (52).
Junior Billie Andrews leads the conference with 10 home runs and is in the top five in slugging percentage (.778), doubles (7) and hits (33).
In the circle, Courtney Wallace has been a leader through the first half of the season. Wallace (11-4) has appeared in the circle for 80.0 innings while tallying 51 strikeouts. Sarah Harness (6-3) has added 51.8 innings of work, striking out 59 batters.
Nebraska By the Numbers
- The Huskers lead the Big Ten in shutouts with eight and are ranked 19th in the NCAA.
- NU has tallied a conference-best 52 doubles, a number that ranks fifth in the nation.
- Nebraska is leading the Big Ten in batting average (.325) and is one of only three teams with a batting average above .300.
- The Huskers batting average (.325) ranks 22nd across the nation.
- Billie Andrews is first in the conference and seventh in the NCAA in home runs with nine to start the season.
- Billie Andrews and Caitlynn Neal are first and second in the conference in extra-base hits.
- Caitlynn Neal is second in the Big Ten and 15th in the nation with nine.
- Courtney Wallace has recorded the second-most wins in the conference with 11. She is also sixth in the NCAA.
- Wallace has recorded three shutout wins this season, a mark that is first in the Big Ten and 15th in the nation.
Opponents By the Numbers
- Kansas City holds a .972 fielding percentage which ranks first in the Summit League.
- Ally Fonfeldt leads the Roos with a .343 batting average.
- Camryn Stickel (1-5) has appeared in the circle the most for Kansas City, pitching 41.0 innings.
- Kansas is fifth in the Big 12 with a 3.22 ERA.
- Lizzy Ludwig leads the Jayhawks with a 0.98…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Nebraska…