STILLWATER, Okla. – The second day of the 15th Annual OSU Mizuno Classic resulted in a split for No. 22 Sun Devil softball. Arizona State started the day with a 4-3 loss to Minnesota before coming back to defeat UCF 6-0 in the nightcap.
GAME 1: Minnesota 4, Arizona State 3
Arizona State limited Minnesota to five hits, but three were home runs that proved to be the difference in the decision. The top three in the Sun Devils lineup each had two hits, including a three-run home run from Jazmyn Rollin. Kylee Magee started in the circle and threw three scoreless innings with three strikeouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After two hitless innings, Magee worked around a leadoff double and wild pitch to strand the Golden Gophers potential first run at third.
- Yanni Acuña and Alexa Milius tallied one-out singles in the ASU third and then Rollin hit a first-pitch home run to right center to give the Sun Devils their first lead of the weekend.
- Minnesota quickly countered with a pair of home runs in the top of the fourth to tie the game at 3-3.
- The Sun Devils had a pair of runners on in the bottom of the fourth, but they were unable to bring one home.
- Minnesota took the lead with a home run off the top of the fence in left to start the seventh inning.
- Yaya Acuña singled as a pinch-hitter to start the ASU seventh, but she was called for obstruction on a Savannah Price groundout.
- Yanni Acuña then singled to extend the inning before Milius…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Arizona State University Athletics…