Box Score 1 LOCATION: Our Lady of the Meadows Field – Emmitsburg, Md.
SHORT STORY: The Great Danes battled the host in game one before defeating Lafayette in a high-scoring contest, Saturday.
RECORDS: UAlbany 3-8, 0-0 America East | Mount St. Mary’s 9-11, 0-0 MAAC
SCORE: Mount St. Mary’s 5, UAlbany 2
- Senior Morgan Petty led from the batter’s box – going 2-3, she grabbed a home run and an RBI.
- Junior Jordan Nastos added the Great Danes’ first RBI while senior Caitlyn Mitros scored the run.
- Mitros and senior Schuyler Ossman added one hit each.
- Senior pitcher Wendi Hammond pitched the complete game, totaling four strikeouts in six innings.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Getting on base with a bunt, Caitlyn Mitros made it to third on an error in the top of the first. Jordan Nastos followed it up with an RBI to drive in the first run of the game.
- The Mountaineers tied the score in the bottom of the second.
- After a scoreless third inning that saw a double play from freshman Deanna Grahek and graduate student Chloe Lewis, Morgan Petty opened the fourth with a leadoff home run.
- Mount St. Mary’s once again tied the score in the bottom of the fourth, 2-2.
- The Mount took its first lead with a home run down the left field line in the bottom of the fifth.
- UAlbany put two runners on base in the sixth but was unable to take advantage and left both on base.
- The Mountaineers added two unearned runs to extend their lead to 5-2 ahead of the final inning.
- The Great Danes put up three batters in the seventh but were unable to get on base and take the lead.
RECORDS: UAlbany 4-8, 0-0 America East | Lafayette 2-14-1, 0-0 Patriot League
SCORE: UAlbany 8, Lafayette 6
- Sophomore Sierra Fretz led the Great Danes with five RBI from a single and a grand slam.
- Senior Maddi Petrella added two RBI going 2-4 at the plate.
- Leading with 75% accuracy in the batter’s box, Jordan Nastos tallied three hits, including a double.
- Seven different Great Danes totaled a hit while three additional, seven total, grabbed a run.
- UAlbany put three different pitchers in the circle. Redshirt-sophomore Kate Powers earned the start while Wendi Hammond closed for the game win.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions opened the game with a single run in the top of the first.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University at Albany Great Danes…