Here’s what happened Saturday in Mets Land, in case you missed it…
– Max Scherzer looked more than ready for the start of the regular season, throwing seven shutout innings against the Houston Astros on Saturday.
– After his outing, Scherzer explained that while he feels ready to get the season started, he knows there’s a lot to gain from his final spring starts.
– With Edwin Diaz expected to be sidelines eight months following knee surgery, David Robertson, who has plenty of closer experience, says he’ll take the ball whenever he’s asked.
– The Mets made some roster moves on Saturday, optioning shortstop prospect Ronny Mauricio and lefty Joey Lucchesi to Triple-A Syracuse.
– GM Billy Eppler offered some injury updates, saying that Brandon Nimmo is considered “week-to-week” while Jose Quintana underwent successful rib surgery.
– Pete Alonso and Adam Ottavino helped USA come back in dramatic fashion to defeat Venezuela and advance in the World Baseball Classic.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at MLB Baseball News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games…