CLEMSON, S.C. – Duke Baseball (13-8, 3-3 ACC) scored five runs in the top of the ninth inning to secure its first ACC series victory of the season, 11-8, over the Clemson Tigers (12-8, 1-2 ACC) at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Sunday.
Junior third baseman Luke Storm tied the ballgame in the top of the ninth with a solo home run, before Damon Lux solidified the victory for the Blue Devils with a three-run blast off the scoreboard in left center field to cap off a five-run inning for Duke. Freshman Aidan Weaver moves to 2-1 on the season working 1.2 innings and allowing one run on two hits.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clemson jumped out to an early lead in the bottom of the second inning, 1-0.
- Junior Alex Stone gave Duke the lead in the top of the fourth, singling to right field to score a pair, 2-1.
- In the top of the fifth, Duke added a pair to the lead on a bases loaded walk by Andrew Fischer and a sacrifice fly to center field by Stone, 4-1.
- The Tigers trimmed the Blue Devils lead to one with an RBI-groundout to second base and a sacrifice fly to center field, 4-3.
- Clemson regained the lead in the bottom of the seventh, 6-4.
- The Blue Devils tied the ballgame in the top of the eighth when Luke Storm hit a two-run home run to right center field, 6-6.
- The Tigers took the lead in the bottom of the eighth on a single through the left side, 7-6.
- Junior Jay Beshears tied the game in the top of the ninth inning with a solo home run to left field, 7-7. Senior Chad Knight doubled down the line in left to score Stone, 8-7. Senior Damon Lux blew the game open in the ninth, hitting a three-run blast to left center field, 11-7.
- Clemson scratched across one run in the bottom of the ninth, 11-8.
- Graduate transfer Alex Gow worked four innings of two-hit baseball in his start Sunday. He allowed three runs, one earned, and struck out four batters.
- Junior Jay Beshears collected his first hit of the afternoon in the ninth, a solo home run for his team leading sixth of the season. His home run tied the ballgame at seven apiece.
- Senior Damon Lux deposited his second home run of the season into left center field to blow open the game in the ninth. His three-run blast gave Duke an 11-7 lead.
- Senior Chad Knight hit the go-ahead double down the line in left field, scoring Stone from second for his second…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Duke University…