LOCATION: Our Lady of the Meadows Field – Emmitsburg, Md.
RECORDS: UAlbany 5-8, 0-0 America East | Lafayette 2-15-1, 0-0 Patriot League
SHORT STORY: The Great Dane offense exploded to lead to a five-inning victory over Lafayette, Sunday.
SCORE: UAlbany 16, Lafayette 4 (5 innings)
- Junior Jordan Nastos and sophomore Sierra Fretz led with three RBI and one home run each. Nastos’ homer served as her first collegiate home run.
- Senior Maddi Petrella added two RBI while redshirt-freshman Maya Thompson, redshirt-sophomore Victoria Vilarchao, freshman Deanna Grahek, and freshman Sara Anderson each notched one RBI.
- Ten different Great Danes tallied at least one hit. Fretz led with three in four at-bats; senior Wendi Hammond, sophomore Caitlyn Frederick, Grahek, Petrella, and Nastos each went 2-3 in the box.
- Grahek, Anderson, and Thompson hit a double.
- Hammond and redshirt-sophomore Kate Powers saw time in the circle. Pitching for 3.0 innings and starting the game, Hammond was credited with the win.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Great Danes started with five runs in the first inning.
- After opening with two singles from Jordan Nastos and Caitlyn Frederick, Maddi Petrella drove in two runs with a third single.
- With the bases loaded, Wendi Hammond tallied an RBI before Sierra Fretz stole home for a fourth run.
- Sara Anderson drove in the final run of the first with a double.
- Going three up, three down in the bottom of the first, UAlbany added eight runs in the second inning.
- Both Fretz and Nastos hit three-run homers in the second to…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University at Albany Great Danes…