|OLE MISS (25-26, 6-21 SEC)
at #19 ALABAMA (35-17, 13-14 SEC)
May 18-20, 2023
Sewell-Thomas Stadium (5,867+)
|Ole Miss Notes • Alabama Notes • SEC Notes|
|Thursday, May 18
6 p.m. CT
|Friday, May 19
6 p.m. CT
|Saturday, May 20
2 p.m. CT
Ole Miss: LHP Xavier Rivas
5-4, 6.49 ERA, 77 K, 36 BB
Alabama: RHP Luke Holman
6-3, 3.79 ERA, 64 K, 22 BB
Ole Miss: RHP JT Quinn
3-3, 5.91 ERA, 61 K, 33 BB
Alabama: RHP Garrett McMillan
2-2, 4.39 ERA, 23 K, 9 BB
Ole Miss: TBA
0-0, – ERA, – K, – BB
Alabama: RHP Jacob McNairy
6-1, 3.56 ERA, 60 K, 12 BB
|Watch • Listen • Live Stats||Watch • Listen • Live Stats||Watch • Listen • Live Stats|
- Ole Miss (25-26, 6-21 SEC) will finish out the 2023 regular season this weekend in Tuscaloosa against No. 19 Alabama (35-17, 13-14 SEC).
- The Crimson Tide swept the Rebels in Oxford last season, scoring seven or more runs in each game.
- Before 2022, the Rebels had won four-straight series against Alabama, sweeping the series in 2021 and 2017.
- Ole Miss has dropped their last two SEC series, being swept by Auburn last weekend and dropping two out of three to Missouri before that.
- Jacob Gonzalez was named as a 2023 Brooks Wallace Award semifinalist this week. The award is presented annually to the nation’s top shortstop.
- Peyton Chatagnier was named to the 2023 SEC Community Service Team this week.
- Kemp Alderman is currently riding a 46-game on-base streak dating back to February 25,
- The Rebels are ranked fifth in the SEC in doubles with 96, just two behind league-leader LSU. They are averaging almost two per game.
- Ethan Lege is the hardest hitter to strike out in the SEC, having only struck out 15 times in 170 at bats.
CREAM OF THE CROP
The College Baseball Foundation released their list of the 2023 Brooks Wallace Award semifinalists Tuesday and Ole Miss’ Jacob Gonzalez was named as one of the top-25 shortstops in college baseball. Gonzalez was named a semifinalist last season and is one of four players to make the list in…