The Nebraska softball team (34-20) travels to Stillwater, Okla. for the NCAA Regionals, May 19-21. This marks the second-consecutive season that the Huskers reached the NCAA Tournament and the 26th appearance in program history. NU will take on No. 21 Wichita State on Friday, May 19. Sixth-seeded Oklahoma State, who holds a No. 9 ranking in the latest NFCA Coaches Poll, will host UMBC on Friday at 3 p.m. Friday’s game will start at 6 p.m. (CT) with live television coverage from ESPNU. Fans can also listen to the game live on the Huskers Radio Network and Huskers.com with the call from Nate Rohr.
Huskers in the Ranks
- Nebraska is second in the conference in batting average (.307) and 33rd in the nation.
- The Huskers are third in the Big Ten in shutouts with 12 and are ranked 63rd in the NCAA.
- NU ranks fourth in the Big Ten and 31st in the nation with a .494 slugging percentage.
- Katelyn Caneda is ninth in the conference with a .373 batting average, a mark that leads the Big Red.
- Billie Andrews is second in the Big Ten with 15 home runs.
- Brooke Andrews is 10th in the Big Ten with 44 RBIs.
- Billie Andrews is fourth in total hits in the conference.
- Courtney Wallace is first in the conference and 10th nationally in innings pitched with 205.0 innings of work.
- Courtney Wallace is second in the Big Ten with 23 victories. She ranks 11th in the NCAA as Brianna Pratt of Miami (OH)…