BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama’s Jim Jarvis was named to the 2023 Southeastern Conference Baseball Community Service Team, the league office announced Wednesday morning.
Each year, the Conference names a Community Service Team for each of its 21 league-sponsored sports, looking to highlight an athlete from each school who gives back to his community through superior service efforts.
- Accumulated nearly 100 hours of community service during his time at Alabama, involving himself in numerous volunteer opportunities across each of his four seasons
- Spent a significant amount of time working with The Miracle League of Tuscaloosa, helping children with mental and physical disabilities experience the game of baseball
- Volunteered his time reading to children at local schools in Tuscaloosa County
- Participated in various programs through Alabama Athletics all four years at the Capstone, including four Halloween Extravaganzas and Thank-A-Thons
- Has also made a consistent effort to take time pre and postgame to sign autographs, take pictures and talk with children in attendance at the Crimson Tide’s games
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.