LOS ANGELES – The No. 2 seed UCLA softball will host its ninth consecutive NCAA Regional when it welcomes Liberty, San Diego State and Grand Canyon to Easton Stadium this weekend. The Bruins’ (52-5, 21-3) first matchup is on Friday, May 19 at 5 p.m. (PT) against Grand Canyon on ESPN+.
The winner between UCLA-Grand Canyon will advance to play the winner of Liberty-San Diego State on Saturday at 2 p.m. (PT). Clay Matvick (PxP) and UCLA legend Natasha Watley (analyst) will be on the call for each game of the Regional.
UCLA is led in the circle by Pac-12 Pitcher of the Year Megan Faraimo who leads all Power 5 pitchers with 29 victories this season. At the plate, Pac-12 Player of the Year Maya Brady leads the team with a .458 average, 59 runs batted in and 18 home runs.
NCAA Los Angeles Regional Schedule
Friday, May 19
Game 1: UCLA vs. Grand Canyon at 5 p.m. (PT) – ESPN+
Game 2: Liberty vs. San Diego State at 8 p.m. (PT) – ESPNU
Saturday, May 20
Game 3: Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2 at 2 p.m. (PT)
Game 4: Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2 at 4:30 p.m. (PT)
Game 5: Winner of Game 4 vs. Loser of Game 3 at 7 p.m. (PT)
Sunday, May 21
Game 6: Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 5 at 3 p.m. (PT)
Game 7: Winner of Game 6 vs. Loser of Game 6 (if necessary) at 5:30 p.m. (PT)
Key Notes About the Bruins
· UCLA enters the NCAA Tournament with 52 total wins, the highest total in the country.
· UCLA’s 52 regular-season wins are its most since 2001 and fourth-most in the history of the program.
· UCLA captured its 17th regular-season conference title and its 12th as a member of the Pac-10/12 Conference in 2023.
· UCLA’s 25-game winning streak ended Saturday in the Pac-12 Tournament title game (lost to Utah, 7-4).
· The Bruins closed the conference regular-season slate on a 17-game winning streak.
· UCLA’s 21 Pac-12 wins are its most in a season since 1999.
· The Bruins are on of just three teams to not drop a conference series this year (Oklahoma and Florida State are the others).
· For just the second time in the last 20 years, UCLA has taken the season series against every Pac-12 opponent (2021).
· UCLA’s 17-game conference winning streak was its longest in a single season since 2002.
· UCLA enters the week ranking top 15 nationally in both batting average (2nd – .338)…