MADISON, Wis. — Excelling both in competition and the classroom, 187 student-athletes from University of Wisconsin sports teams were named to the spring and at-large 2022-23 Academic All-Big Ten team, as announced by the Big Ten on Monday.
Across 11 teams competing in the spring and at-large for the conference, women’s rowing led the list with 36 honorees, while women’s track and field tallied 35, men’s rowing had 25 recipients and women’s lightweight rowing added 20. The Badgers’ men’s track and field team had 19 honorees, while softball and women’s hockey tied with 16 honorees each. In tennis, the UW women earned six honors and the men’s program earned five honors, while in golf, the UW women earned six honors and the men earned three recognitions.
The Big Ten Conference recognized a total of 2,224 students on spring and at-large sports rosters who have been named to the Academic All-Big Ten Team.
To be eligible for Academic All-Big Ten selection, students must be on a varsity team, as verified by being on the official squad list as of May 1 for spring sports, have been enrolled full-time at the institution for a minimum of 12 months and carry a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
Leading in the classroom, an impressive 13 Badgers maintained a perfect 4.0 grade-point average (bolded below):
- Danielle Bellino, Women’s Track and Field, Gr., Biology and Nutritional Sciences
- Armoni Brown, Women’s Track and Field, Gr., Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Breck Duncan, Men’s Rowing, Gr., Mechanical Engineering
- Brandi Gueths, Women’s Rowing, Gr., Kinesiology
- Vivian Hacker, Women’s Track and Field, Sr., Landscape Architecture
- Kayla Konwent, Softball, Gr., Sports Leadership
- Cami Kronish, Women’s Hockey, Gr., Sports Leadership
- Nicole LaMantia, Women’s Hockey, Gr., Sports Leadership
- Kylie Magnus, Women’s Rowing, So., Conservation Biology and Spanish
- Ava Markham, Women’s Tennis, Sr., Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
- Maggie Munson, Women’s Track and Field, So., Legal Studies and Political Science
- Josie Schaefer, Women’s Track and Field, Gr.,…