DURHAM – Duke Baseball (10-6) hits the road for the first time this season, traveling to Greenville, S.C. to face off against Presbyterian at Fluor Field on Wednesday. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. and is scheduled to be broadcasted on ESPN+.
Duke is coming off a 2-3 week, where they defeated Appalachian State and No. 5 Wake Forest, but dropped the ACC opening series to the Demon Deacons at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. Duke continues its road trip this weekend at Clemson for the Tigers opening ACC series.
Duke at Presbyterian
6:30 p.m. (ET) – Fluor Field (Greenville, S.C.)
RADIO – Blue Devils Sports Network from LEARFIELD
VIDEO – ESPN+
Duke – RHP – Jason White
Presbyterian – TBA – TBA
- Duke Baseball recorded 117 of its 148 runs scored so far this season from the fourth to the eighth innings. That number accounts for 79.1% of the Blue Devils’ runs this season.
- After 16-straight games at home to open the 2023 campaign, Duke Baseball hits the road for the first time this season traveling to Presbyterian and Clemson for spring break.
- The Blue Devils pitching staff has posted a top-5 ERA nationally at 2.61, second in the ACC behind Wake Forest. Duke is also eighth in the country in hits allowed per game at 6.46, third in the ACC.
- Senior Jason White and sophomore Fran Oschell III have combined to toss 23 scoreless innings of baseball this season. White worked 12.2 innings, allowed eight hits and struck out 13, while Oschell III has worked 10.1 innings, allowed five hits and struck out 17.
- Sophomore Alex Mooney leads the team with a .358 clip at the plate this season. Mooney has produced seven multi-hit contests this season, the most by any Blue Devil.
- Graduate transfer MJ Metz has tallied 19 walks so far this season, putting him 10th nationally in that category.
- Southpaw Jonathan Santucci posted a career day on Friday night against then ranked No. 5 Wake Forest. Santucci struck out a career high 11 batters including wiping out six of the first seven he faced via the punchout.
For more information on Duke baseball, follow the Blue Devils on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram by searching for “https://goduke.com/news/2023/3/14/DukeBASE”.